Congratulations from MPP Monique Smith
Congratulations from Minister Monte Kwinter
Carte Blanche - Official Supplier of 125th Anniversary Promotional Items
Request for Information:
A history of the North Bay Police Service is being compiled. The committee is looking for any old photographs, articles, or memorabilia that could be used in a book or display about the early years of the service. If you have something that you think would be of interest, please contact Sgt. Chuck Seguin at 497-5573.
125th Anniversary Book "The Beatlight" Order Form
The North Bay Police Service would like to recognize and give thanks to Mr. William Ferguson, the staff at TWG Communications, and the 125th Committee for developing this logo on our behalf.
The North Bay Police Service would like to recognize and give thanks to WFL Communications and Creative Impressions for their work on the 1926 Rules and Regulations booklet.
The next event that will take place to celebrate our 125 years of policing in North Bay is the sealing of a time capsule. Memorabilia is being collected to include in the time capsule, which will be opened in 25 years (year 2032). There will be 125 items placed in the time capsule that will relate to policing in North Bay and Callander in the year 2007. A ceremony to seal the time capsule will be held in the North Bay Police Service lobby on Thursday Dec. 27, 2007 at 2:00 pm.
Celebrating Our Police:
The North Bay Police Service and our 125th anniversary committee wish to thank Pastors Ken and Linda Jeffrey, Gateway Pentecostal Church, and the Christian Community of North Bay for recognizing and honoring our members, past and present, during a heart felt church service held on Sunday, May 27th, 2007. A generous donation of $850 was presented to our service, and will go directly to The Ontario Torch Run For Special Olympics.
Church Service - Mayor's Speech
School Run for Torch Run
The Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics will be held on June 6th, 2007. It has been made possible through the joint involvement of the law enforcement community and the school community. Read more about this joint fundraising and awareness project here.
A 2-person scramble golf tournament took place on June 16, 2007 at Osprey Links Golf Course. We would like to thank the many community supporters who assisted with this extremely successful event. Not only was the golf tournament a lot of fun, thanks in part to your support, $2130.93 was raised to support Special Olympics.
The North Bay Police Service, in partnership with 22 Wing, Canadian Forces Base North Bay, presented a Tattoo of both military and police pipes and drums bands on Saturday November 24, 2007. The theme was "Salute to Policing". The event was very impressive and moving, recognizing the sacrifices that our military and police officers make each day to protect their communities.
The North Bay Legion, Branch 23 Colour Party, presented a ceremonial sword to the North Bay Police Service Colour Party. This sword will be carried by the Colour Party Sergeant on parade and is engraved with the North Bay Police Service emblem.
The Tattoo was also an opportunity to raise funds for two charities that are supported by the Military Police and the North Bay Police Service. The Military Police support the "Blind Fund" and the North Bay Police Service has been donating money raised from the 125th Anniversary events towards the Special Olympics Torch Run. During the Tattoo, through the public support, a total of $4,400 was raised, with $2,200 going to each of the charities.
A special thanks to our sponsors, without whom this event could not have happened.
- Accident Support Sevices International Inc.
- Atlas Copco
- Brian Chutes Drugs Ltd.
- Canadian Tire - North Bay
- Cerisano Real Etate Sales and Rentals
- City of North Bay
- Clarion Resort Pinewood Park
- Deegans Shoe Stores Ltd.
- Despres-Pacey Insurance
- H.E. Brown Supply Co. Ltd.
- Northgate Square
- TD Bank
- Voyageur Airways
125TH Anniversary Banners Hung in Downtown North Bay
On a cold and windy late October evening members of the North Bay Police Service 125th Anniversary Committee with the assistance of Mr. Rod Coles, owner of Price Electric signs braved the elements to hang a number of 125th Anniversary banners along Main St. in North Bay. These banners represent 125 years of policing to the citizens of North Bay by the members of the North Bay Police Service who have been proudly serving since 1882.
For more information relating to the 125th Anniversary celebrations and events please visit our website at www.northbaypolice.on.ca
Your business or organization is invited to provide sponsorship for the events planned to celebrate this significant milestone in the proud history of our Police Service. These events will also be used as platforms to fundraise for the Ontario Torch Run for Special Olympics, which is the charity of choice for the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP). You can provide support online by completing the attached Community Supporter form and e-mailing it to the attention of Mr. Gerald Lalande or through the mail by sending the completed form to our Police Service. Thanks for taking the time to consider this offer.
- Platinum - 22 Wing
- Platinum - Accident Support Services Inc.
- Platinum - North Bay Police Association
- Platinum - North Bay Police Services Board
- Platinum - Sharron and Ted Thomson
- Platinum - TWG Communications
- Gold - Atlas Copco
- Gold - Canadian Tire - North Bay
- Gold - Canadore College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Gold - Carte Blanche Promotional Products
- Gold - Cerisano Real Estate Sales and Rentals
- Gold - City of North Bay
- Gold - Clarion Pinewood Park Resort
- Gold - Despres-Pacey Insurance
- Gold - Dollars Independent Grocer
- Gold - FDM4 International Inc.
- Gold - GAP Construction
- Gold - Gateway Pentecostal Church
- Gold - Hilltop Video Athletic Association
- Gold - Lucenti, Orlando & Ellies LLP
- Gold - Lynn Johnston Productions Inc.
- Gold - New Wingate Charities
- Gold - Northgate Square
- Gold - OACP Zone 1A
- Gold - Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall LLP
- Gold - Rogers Radio
- Gold - Sundance Industries
- Gold - TD Bank
- Gold - The Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 23
- Gold - U-Need-A-Cab
- Gold - Voyageur Airways
- Gold - Yes Employment Services Inc. (Nipissing)
- Gold - You're My Hero Books (Barry Spilchuk)
- Silver - Algonquin Grecos Pizza
- Silver - Anthony and Associates
- Silver - Blue Sky Region Realty Inc.
- Silver - Brian Chute Drugs Ltd.
- Silver - Centennial Optical
- Silver - D&R Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Silver - H.E. Brown Supply Co. Ltd.
- Silver - Helical Solutions
- Silver - Holmes and Pellerin Real Estate
- Silver - Hopper Pontiac Buick GMC
- Silver - Investors Group
- Silver - Knox Insurance Brokers Ltd.
- Silver - Levesques Furniture Outlet
- Silver - Magna Carta Training Inc
- Silver - Merlex Engineering Ltd.
- Silver - Miller Technology Inc.
- Silver - Neddy's North Bay Hyundai
- Silver - North Bay Home Solutions Realty Ltd.
- Silver - North Bay Professional Paramedics Association
- Silver - Northern Honda
- Silver - Orlando's Mens Wear
- Silver - Rebuilt Resources
- Silver - SportChek
- Silver - The Steering Wheel
- Silver - Tim Hortons Donuts
- Silver - VCR Video Warehouse Inc.
- Silver - Walmart
- Bronze - 547 Air Cadets
- Bronze - Algonquin Mr. Sub
- Bronze - Arctic Canvas Inc.
- Bronze - Bank of Montreal
- Bronze - Branch 445 Callander Legion
- Bronze - Callander Tavern
- Bronze - Canada Post
- Bronze - Canadian Optical Supply
- Bronze - Canarino Nissan
- Bronze - CGS
- Bronze - Chippewa Secondary School
- Bronze - D.J. Venasse Construction Ltd.
- Bronze - Dave's Diner
- Bronze - Deegan's Shoe Stores Ltd.
- Bronze - Dispatch Print
- Bronze - Downtown Improvment Area
- Bronze - Dr. Bryan Wolfe
- Bronze - Dr. Myles Knight, Optometrist
- Bronze - Electric Signs
- Bronze - Evin Industries Ltd.
- Bronze - F.J. Dellandrea Place
- Bronze - Fifth and Fraser
- Bronze - Gateway Hardware
- Bronze - Grand & Toy
- Bronze - IBM North Bay
- Bronze - J&J Machine Works
- Bronze - Jackman's the Floral Pros
- Bronze - M&M Meats
- Bronze - Makitalo Construction
- Bronze - McDonalds Restaurant
- Bronze - Modern Hairdressing School
- Bronze - Mr. Gas
- Bronze - Mr. Sub
- Bronze - Near North Crime Stoppers
- Bronze - North Bay Mazda
- Bronze - North Bay Toyota
- Bronze - Northern Ontario Fraud Investigators Partnership Initiative
- Bronze - ONR
- Bronze - Osprey Links
- Bronze - Photo Metro Inc
- Bronze - Pizza Hut
- Bronze - Preston Medical Esthetics and Laser Clinic
- Bronze - Promo Sports Depot
- Bronze - R. Nicholls Distributors Inc.
- Bronze - Rivet Insurance
- Bronze - Royal Bank of Canada
- Bronze - Slumber Sleep Products of Canada
- Bronze - Staples Business Depot
- Bronze - Stenning and Associates Financial Services
- Bronze - Stereo Plus
- Bronze - Sully's Auto Detailing
- Bronze - Symetrics
- Bronze - The Bull and Quench
- Bronze - The Shaving Mug
- Bronze - Trim-Line of Near North
- Bronze - Triple A Trophy and Awards
- Bronze - WFL Communications
Last Updated: January 11, 2008